Working on A Life

Experience is what its all about. And the stories. Post college most people go on to find a job, or apply to grad school. I decided just to live. This is my story as related to my family and friends. (This journal represents ONLY my views and none of Peace Corps or the US government.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England

We are working parents looking to make the most of whatever adventures we can find close to home.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

My landlord is a nutcase

So I have come to the conclusion that my landlord, or I guess if you were being picky, my landlords wife is totally off her rocker. I'm renting a room in an old and somewhat delapadated farmhouse in an absolutly beautiful location in South Deerfield right on the connecticut River from which I can hike, explore and otherwise enjoy my outdoor ambitions. Everything would be perfect if I wasn't havning to deal with a woman that has more rules than an over-protective father on prom night. While I look out my window on the corn fields and rusting out farm equiptment in the side yard of the house she's downstairs trying to find a jar so I don't have to dump the grease from my one piece of bacon a day out in the garden. She's been worried about the grease all morning. I took the girl home around 12:30 this afternoon and she asked me where I was putting it. She seemed ok when I told her I was putting it in the garden for the time being but when I came home an hour later she started to talk to me about it again. *sigh* What can you do. It just goes into the long list of other rules to remember. Highlights of which include only using the back two burners of the stove, not keeping dishes in my room for more than 20 minutes at a time (a rule which I contiue to break on a fairly regular baisis I might add) and you have to be within 20 feet of the washing machine whenever you do laundry. A rule which pretty much constrains me to the confines of the laundry room itself if she's home because otherwise I'll hear about overloading the washing machine every 5 minutes. I already know that she comes into my room while I'm not here and I'm not real sure how I feel about that except to say that I've really got nothing to hide. She also cleans my food out of the fridge at the first sign of it spoiling, which has caused me grief on a couple of occations. Anyway, enough about the landlord. I'm in a good mood and its not really bothering me at the moment. I'm here for a few months pending my upcoming peace corps deployment to the Carrabian. (providing of course I can finally clear all the medical hurdles) I was of course going to live with some friends in an appartment but that didn't work out quite as I expected so what can I say. ( thats a whole different story for a different time) I do like it here and I like having my own space so I can tollerate a little craziness from time to time.

Slept in today till about 11 after having a in depth conversation with the girl till about 2 am. It was good cause we worked out some issues. The redsox gave me another heart attack last night but as far as I'm concerned Cabrerra has now earned his position adding some spectacualr pop to the bat at just the right moment to save me from having to drive to boston and personally strangling the whole team. Now if we can just win tonights game without the last minute theatrics I'll be a happy camper. I'm worried about the upcoming series with the Yankee's cause its entirely possible that the ALCS will look very similar and we need to be able to beat NY. Besides the yankee's fans at work would never let me live it down and its tough not having any ammo to fire back.

Been going to Braden's a lot after work to watch him play FABLE on the Xbox. Seems like a fun game to play and I know that I enjoy watchin' it. I need to get the kid some money cause I keep eating his snack food. Wings and the game last night were good till all the Target gang peetered out about 10:30 to head to bed and I drove home. Having better luck finding things to do with my time. Getting used to the lack of homework and losing myself here, in books, in games, and in the outdoors when the situation calls for it. The weather of course is beautiful now on days when I have to work in the afternoon. A couple of hours and I'll be standing around Target dreaming about sitting out by the river or hiking up one of the numerous but tiny mountians of the Holyoke Range.

Missin my friends from school. Leo and Jess especially.

Off to read or some such thing

1 Comments:

Blogger Max Hartshorne said...

I edit a travel website based in South Deerfield and noticed your post. If you would like to write some articles for us about your experience in the Peace Corps, we would be open to considering publishing them. i am new to blogging but wanted to say hi, neighbor!

Max Hartshorne, Editor
GoNOMAD.com alternative travel.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home