Working on A Life

Experience is what its all about. And the stories. Post college most people go on to find a job, or apply to grad school. I decided just to live. This is my story as related to my family and friends. (This journal represents ONLY my views and none of Peace Corps or the US government.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England

We are working parents looking to make the most of whatever adventures we can find close to home.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Happy Birthday Leo

So yesterday Cathy and I carpooled to Weston so she could be home for her brothers birthday on Sunday and to hang out with her friend Ali on Saturday night and so I could drive a little further down the highway to go play a couple of crazy games of lazer tag with some of the most awesome friends on the planet. The occation for all this of course is Leo's birthday, which is coming up on wednesday I believe but which we celebrated this weekend. (for those that don't know Leo was my college roomate and one of my best friends ever). Let me also just say, and not to rub it in but just because I rather suprised myself, I kicked some serious lazer tag butt. I placed 2nd of 32 in the first game and 5th in the second game. Only that low becaue I ran into a pack of little kids at the end and was so mad about getting shot by a little kid that I neglected to run away in time to escape all his little kid friends. *shrug*

Seeing the whole in crowd of Umass fencing again was great. I missed all of them, though I still saw most of them from time to time I never had the kind of exposure I would have liked thanks for the most part to my injury abriviated fencing career. Ahh well, I'll get back into it someday. I'll probably just wait till Leo gets his olympic metal and retires and then call in some old favors and get some coaching from him so I can be the old man that goes to the unrated tournaments and crushes the dreams of all the begining high school and college fencers ;-).

On another note, it was a fairly photo crazy birthday. He got several pictures of him with various fencers and I gave him some "first edition" prints that he liked from my collection matted and framed so he can hang them up in his room. I'm going to his house after work on tuesday becuase he lives a lot closer to the doctor that I have to go see on wednesday morning to see if I can get my hip issue cleared up enough for the peace corps to let me get on with it. (So frustrating let me tell you!) I'm going to sign them and number the prints then on the off chance I actually go and try to sell some copies or somehow someday I become famous (yeah... whatever) he'll have the special ones that he can then sell for food on the street.

All in all it was an amazing time and I hope that he had a great birthday. I owe him a drink sometime when I'm more flush. I was running late yesterday and so I didn't have any time to stop and get money and so I ended up spending what little I had, plus most of the money Cathy gave me (I have 15 cents left of 15 dollars) and then some of Jess's money went towards dinner for me so I'm going to have to track her down and pay her back sometime. S'ok though because I want to check out her new appartment anyway. She was telling me yesterday that as soon as she moved out her parents moved all remnants of her existance at thier house and made her room into a closet/guestroom. I think thats kinda sad but also kinda refreshing. I'm not sure which is worse. Her mother getting rid of her room or my mother giving me a room in a house I've never lived in half a world away in Israel.

Anyway... Its off to sam's club and to pick up the cake for Cathy's brothers birthday party. Yay for birthdays!

P.S. The redsox kicked the Yankee's ass last night. I just wanted that to be a matter of public record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home