Working on A Life

Experience is what its all about. And the stories. Post college most people go on to find a job, or apply to grad school. I decided just to live. This is my story as related to my family and friends. (This journal represents ONLY my views and none of Peace Corps or the US government.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England

We are working parents looking to make the most of whatever adventures we can find close to home.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Camping or bust

Redsox win game one against the Angels.... A good sign certianly but redsox nation still can not breathe easy cause we've seen it all before... I'm watching the yankee's game right now and they're losing. Thats all I'm gonna say about it right now. Jinxes can be almost as bad as curses.

My day was pretty good... Just work and baseball with a couple of minutes of vice presidential debate and some chit chat with some old friends and my brother for good measure. I fired off an e-mail to scott robinson asking about camp 18 as a venue for a possible camping adventure this weekend. I think it would be the best place becuase its near the apple orchard that the girls want to go back too on the 15th (I have to work and no one told me that this trip was in the works so it will have to be the 16th). Amanda and Aviva from the EMS group want to come along this time because Amanda hasn't been apple picking before either. Lots of new faces in the orchards this year. I'm sure they'll be happy about that :-) The other reason I like camp 18 is that its go adirondack shelters, which with a fire and some blankets will all but eliminate the need for high tech tents and possibly even sleeping bags for people and they sleep 10 or more people each so it gets rid of the limit on the upper numbers of people that can come.

I will however probably need to aquire some kind of camp stove other than my one burner model and I'll have to go food shopping for some camp food. I think ceral and milk (and perhaps some cider donuts if the trip to the orchard goes as planed) will do for breakfast on sunday. Sandwhiches for lunches and then for the evening meal on saturday I can throw together some kind of pasta and some salad or mixed vegetable and some french bread perhaps. Maybe if I'm really ambitious I'll do chickn parm or some such thing but that would require that I find someone who has a camp oven and the numbers being kinda small. I should also probably either get or find a lantern so people can see to have fun after dark. Fire permits or at least notice to the fire department of our presense will be a must as the fire will undoubtably be big to keep people warm and with permision of the owners and no (or very limited) alcohol consumption I'm sure the police won't be a problem.

Anyway... on the off chance that you read this and want to go just let me know.. .You should be able to find various of my contact information by purusuing the links in my profile.

In other news... My landlady had another bonehead moment this morning just when I though things were looking up. Cathy was visiting me and stayed behind while I went to work today and my landlady kicked her out because they were leaving and "she was uncomfortable" with her in the house... For anyone who knows Cathy you know that this is quite rediculous and I cant help but wonder if the woman ultimately has it out for me. I got my own dishes, or at least mostly my own, and I follow her rules about everything. (except the ones I stumble across unkowingly from time to time) For the most part I leave them alone. I'm a nice guy and a quiet tennant and I'm at the end of my rope.... *sigh* its all good. Probably just to get back at me for baking in the kitchen till 1 am the other day... (as impossible to belive as it is we made very little noise so it must just have been the principle of the thing that upset her) My mother and I were talking about mortgages vs. rent and it turns out that the mortgage for my old house in Athol was only about 200 bucks more expensive than what I'm paying to rent 2 rooms in someone else's house. This knowlege does me no good and ultimately depresses me. I quite obviously can't aford to own my own home and I can't find cheaper ways to rent a room around here. Besides, none of the other palces I tried answered my inquirys about a room to rent.

My mother says to be on the lookout for "vacation" type homes. She was thinking about buying just a little rundown house like most people around here call "camps" on a lake somepalce just to give everyone a home base in the states. I don't know about the wisdom of this idea, or where she would buy such a house that would be practical for all involved. I guess it would have to be close to Matt cause he will be around longer (hopefully anyway) but then it would do me little or no good cause it would be much to far away for me to commute to work. *Shrug* I'll keep my ears open but I don't think I'll spend a whole lot of time actively seeking anything.

In the meantime I'll just have to put up with the crazy lady where I am and see what I can do about getting cathy and probalby matt added to the "A" list. Particuarly important considering matt is going to be spending the weekend here and I'm going to be working at least half of every day he's here (bummer but for some reason I've got the next 5 days in a row on after having tomorrow off). He'll be on his own with the crazy lady or I suppose I could bring him to the mall. We'll have to see. Why do they have to be paranoid anyway? Ahh well... Thier house and thier right I suppose.

Enough for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home