Working on A Life

Experience is what its all about. And the stories. Post college most people go on to find a job, or apply to grad school. I decided just to live. This is my story as related to my family and friends. (This journal represents ONLY my views and none of Peace Corps or the US government.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England

We are working parents looking to make the most of whatever adventures we can find close to home.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Workin the Night Away

So... Camping for the weekned is out but its cold and would probably have rained anyway. I never managed to get ahold of Scott to check on the condition of Camp 18 and I don't know where else to go camping anyway. Its all good though cause the plans for the weekend have come together in another somewhat unexpected but just as exciting way. Turns out I'm going to head into boston for the weekend with Cathy and hang out with Jess and Leo Saturday night after chillin at Cath's house earlier that day. We're gonna hit up the third Lord of the Rings Movie in prep for a big day Sunday checking out the Lord of the Rings Motion Picture exibit at the Museum of Science in Boston. Just going to the Museum iteself is rather exciting for me because I havn't been there in such a long time. The closest I came in recent memory was going in to play on the musical stairs in the lobby with a bunch of crazies from Wiyaka sometime a year or so ago. This trip made even more cool by the fact that I get to see Jess's new apartment and all. I'll be sure to try and take some photos so ya'all can check them out later. I'm definately looking forward to spending some time with Jess and Leo. I miss hanging out with them!

Its always been much tougher to stay in touch with friends after you lose daily contact with them than I would like it to be. Leo and I grew somewhat apart our last year of school due to differing interests and the girlfriend factor but we were still great freinds who could talk to each other about anything and who got each other through a lot of things that would have been someowhat difficult otherwise. Now leo's off in Worcester startin a new job on Monday and who all knows what else and here I am sitting in a farmhouse looking at the Crows fatten themselves on the remains of the cornfields and watching fall come so fast that I almsot feel that the leaves are changing colors as I sit here. If it wasn't so ugly today I would spend some time going out and trying to find some nice places to take pictures of the leaves. I've never been that great at caputring the colors and stuff.. I wonder if I need a new filter for my camera or something but whatever... different story for another time.

As it is I'm glad its rather dreary today cause I'm trying to prep myself to work an overnight shift today. The Target store that I work at is doing inventory today, which means an outside company gets to come in and play with all our stuff. This makes my boss, the head of security for the store very nervous and as a consequence Marcy, the undercover agent, and I a lowly doorguard have to work overnight to make sure that these newcomers dont' have sticky fingers. I dont' really mind working the overnight shift. What I do mind is having to work Friday night the day after! C'est la vie. At least things have quieted down on the Landlord front after a little talk to lay down the final rules about guests in the house and a few other things.

My brother visited this weekend which was awesome cause I love the kid and I love having him around. Definately going to have to do it sometime when I don't have to work every day of the weekend and when he dosn't have a crazy art project due. We still managed to get some good food a few times, Catch a period of Umass Ice hockey (go minute men) and see a movie. (Shaun of the Dead is a good british comedy for anyone who's interested). Other than his visit its just been more of the same. Games and Baseball at Bradens (and I'm pointedly not talking about baseball right now cause the redsox are crushing my hopes and dreams and I'm trying to keep a postive focus on life) and reading books and watching movies in the off time. (movie pass at blockbuster is soo worth it if you like the films). Just finised the Death Gate Cycle which is a high fantasy set of books by Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Not the best I've read but its an easy one with 7 books and very entertaining. Next up is some more intellectual reading, with Confederates in the Attic by Tony Horwitz and a peace corps memoir by someone my brother happened to meet as part of one of his classes.

Anyway I feel a nap coming on or I'm going to fall asleep tonight sometime around 1 am... Not that I won't be completely uselss anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home